Designed by renowned architects at Ennead (then Polshek partners), the 158,000 square-foot building occupies an entire city block, providing our pre-Kindergarten through high-school senior students with a safe, secure learning environment featuring an array of specialty classrooms, learning labs, studios, creative and recreation spaces in which to discover, learn and grow.
Expanding on this vision, in 2016, our school opened its new York Wing, adding 20,000 square feet of digitally-enabled flexible classrooms for collaborative teaching and learning. Additional spaces for students included a new media lab, makerspace, as well as a new Primary music room and movement room.
- 354-seatauditorium that houses the Cultural Center, offering a unique and inviting space that hosts student theater, dance and music events, as well as outside presentations and performances.
- Two gymnasiums with more than 12,000 square feet of space providing two regulation basketball courts and facilitating a wide variety of other sports including, wall climbing, volleyball, soccer and gymnastics.
- Rooftop playground for all children in the elementary school, featuring a playing field, playground equipment, creative building blocks in a special safety, padded flooring.]
- Digital media lab with state-of-the art TV studio, production booth, and editing bays
- Makerspace containing a digital printer, on-site administrator, and stocked with the tools and materials required for creative, hands-on problem solving
- 225-seat cafeteria will full-service kitchen providing freshly cooked, healthy, and organic menu items
Our campus continues to evolve based on recommendations from the Building Committee, a joint team made up of the Head of School and other school administrators, trustees and parents who collaborate throughout the year to anticipate and accommodate the evolving needs of students and staff.