Grades 1 - 12
Criteria for Admission
- Starting with first grade, children must be fluent in the French language as the teaching switches to all French (from bilingual instruction in Preschool).
- Children coming from a school accredited by the French Ministry of Education are accepted on the basis of their school records. Thus, it is very important that we receive the report cards for each trimester as soon as they are available from your child’s previous school.
- Children coming from a non-accredited school must take an entrance exam (in French, Math, and, depending on the grade level, other subjects). In such cases, the Admissions Office will contact your family to set up an appointment or, if the applicant lives abroad, the test will be sent directly to his or her school where it will be administered by an appointed agent.
- Interviews with applicants and/or parents are not necessary when applying for first or subsequent grades.
The admissions process starts in January for the following fall and continues through the school year on a ‘rolling admission’ basis. Space availability is subject to the number of departures announced at the end of the re-enrollment period for current students. The Admissions Committee will start reviewing the completed applications at the end of March. Incomplete applications will delay the admission process.
Notification letters are sent to parents by email beginning in mid-April. The Lycée will do its utmost to send the decision letters as soon as possible, but in some cases, these can be held until the applying student’s 2nd and 3rd trimester report cards are received.
The Admissions Committee may conditionally accept an applicant, contingent upon an evaluation of the final report card in June and proof of promotion to the next grade.
If their child is accepted, parents must then return the signed contract with a non-refundable tuition deposit of $3,500 by the deadline stated in the acceptance letter in order to formally secure their child’s admission into the school.
- Application for Admission
- Parents’ Personal Data
- English Recommendation Form 1st to 5th grades
- English Recommendation Form 6th to 12th grades
- Completed Forms 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (see above)
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate (or ‘livret de famille’)
- Passport size picture
- Copy of passport and/or visa (if applicable)
- A letter of interest written by the applicant (6th Grade and up)
- 2 (two) letters of recommendation from friends, colleagues, etc. about your family
- Custody documents (if applicable)
- Copy of the previous year’s report cards and current year’s as they become available
- $200 application fee (check or wire transfer). In the case of a wire transfer, please include a copy of the transfer with the application.